Garmin Compact Reactor™ 40 Hydraulic Autopilot with GHC™ 50 and Shadow Drive™ Technology Pack With GHC™ 50 and Shadow DriveModel: 010-02794-08
- This Reactor 40 hydraulic autopilot is the perfect companion for your hydraulically steered system.
- Yes, it features a solid-state 9-axis AHRS. And yes, that means you can mount it nearly anywhere.c
- Even when you’re pitching or rolling, this autopilot reacts to sea conditions to keep you on course.
- You just want to get on the water, so we made calibration fast and easy. That’s the power of simple.
- Combine with your compatible Garmin chartplotter, and control your autopilot — from anywhere on your boat.
- The GHC™ 50 autopilot instrument enhances your autopilot experien
Designed for boats less than 25’ long, this entry-level, Compact Reactor 40 hydraulic autopilot gives you the extra hand you need, so you can explore paradise worry-free.
This corepack is an ideal autopilot solution for single-engine outboard boats that are less than 25’ long1. It provides relief from manually holding the wheel to maintain course, especially when cruising at moderate to high speeds2.
With its advanced solid-state 9-axis AHRS, you can mount Reactor 40 nearly anywhere, in any orientation. It even reduces power consumption, minimizes heading error and more.
Hold your course on the sea — this autopilot reacts to conditions, so you can remain confident even when you’re pitching or rolling.
All autopilots require commissioning and calibration. Reactor 40 makes it quick and easy. This autopilot is easy to install with flexible mounting options.
Control your autopilot from anywhere on your boat by using your compatible Garmin devices, including the Reactor autopilot remote, select quatix® marine smartwatches and more (requires a compatible Garmin chartplotter or GHC 50 autopilot instrument).
Gain more freedom when maneuvering your boat. This corepack allows for optional Shadow Drive technology to automatically disengage the autopilot when you turn the wheel.
When connected to your compatible Garmin chartplotter, all Reactor 40 corepacks offer powerboat and sailing features, including heading hold and step turns — plus wind hold and tack/jibe when paired with a wind sensor (sold separately). You can even gain additional benefits such as the follow route and Auto Guidance+™ features3.
1 Requires a compatible Garmin chartplotter (sold separately)
2 Not recommended for fishing or applications that require holding heading while trolling at low speeds or operating in rough waters. For applications that require precise heading control, our higher-performance Reactor 40 models are recommended. Compact Reactor uses a gear pump design with limited performance relative to similar flow piston pumps. Not recommended for power assist installs, engines above 150 horsepower or boats with more than 12-degree deadrises. Mount pump within 6’ of the steering cylinder for best results.
3 Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD||4.3 "" x 4.4 "" x 1.9 "" (10.9 x 11.2 x 4.8 cm)|
|Pump dimensions, LxWxH||6.6 "" x 3.9 "" x 3.3 "" (16.8 x 10.0 x 8.5 cm)|
|NMEA output||NMEA 2000|
|Supply voltage||10V to 20V|
|Operating temperature||-15° C to 70 C° (5° F to 158° F)|
What's in the Box:
- GHC 50 helm control display
- Reactor 40 CCU (Course Computer Unit)
- 1.0 L Pump
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
- ECU power cable
- Interconnect cable
- NMEA 2000® drop cables (2 meters)
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connectors
- Male and female terminators
- Shadow Drive