The BBDS1 is a new network fish finder for NavNet 3D and NavNet TZtouch that features an all new bottom discrimination function, as well as the FDF (Furuno Digital Filter) capability of the DFF1. The BBDS1 determines the bottom structure and separates them into the following categories: mud, sand, gravel, and rock. This is achieved by analyzing echo characteristics from the bottom components such as particle size and hardness.
Connect the BBDS1 to your NavNet 3D or NavNet TZtouch network and get ready for your NavNet system to provide you with valuable information to locate rich fishing grounds, boosting your catch.
There are two bottom discrimination display modes to select from, Standard Mode and Probability Mode. In Standard Mode, the most probable materials on the bottom (mud, sand, gravel or rock) are indicated in either graphic mode or a 4-color bar on the bottom of the display.
Because bottom material can change frequently and can sometimes be difficult to identify, Probability Mode shows you what material the bottom has the greatest chance of consisting of by displaying the possible bottom materials proportionally within the 4-color bar.
- Frequency: 50/200 kHz alternately transmitted
- Output Power: 600 W/1 kW
- Power Supply: 12-24 VDC: 1.1-0.4 A (in output power of 1 kW)
- Temperature : -15 to + 55 degree Celsius (in operation)
- Relative Humidity: 93% at 40 degree Celsius
- Waterproofing: IP20 (not waterproofed)
Required Conditions for Bottom Discrimination
- Detection Range: 5-100 m
- Boat Speed: 0-10 kn
- Transducer mounting: Thru-hull or transom mount only
- MFD8/12/BB software: v2.06 or later
1. The result shown by this function may sometimes be different from the actual bottom components.
2. For best performance, do not use in-hull mounted transducers with the BBDS1.
3. The BBDS1 may show an incorrect ground discrimination result, especially when there is a big fish school right under the boat. This is because enough echoes may not be received from the bottom.
4. Materials such as shell, coral, or a sunken ship are indicated as the most similar material from the four bottom categories: mud, sand, gravel, or rock, according to reflected echoes.
5. Auto mode is automatically activated when the bottom discrimination function is turned on. (Manual mode is not selectable.)
6. The BBDS1 is not compatible with NavNet 1 or NavNet vx2.
7. Appropriate Furuno Transducer recommended for best resluts
- Transducer options (see table below):
- Bottom Discrimination Fish Finders will function as a standard Fish Finder with other transducers, however, the ground discrimination mode will be disabled
- Due to power and frequency requirements for bottom discrimination signal processing, in-hull or "shoot-thru" transducers are not compatible
|These Transducers WILL Work With Bottom Discrimination|
|520-PSD||600w Plastic Thru-hull||*||*||*|
|520-5MSD||600w bronze Thru-hull||*||*||*|
|525-5PWD||600W Transom Mount||*||*||*|
|525STID-MSD||600w Bronze Thru-Hull Multi Sensor||*||*||*|
|525STID-PWD||600W Transom Mount Multi-Sensor||*||*||*|
|CA50/200-12M1||1kW Bronze Thru-Hull||*||*|
|CA50/200-1T1||1kW Rubber Coated||*||*|
|1 MB1100 us Required for this Transducer|
|These Transducers WILL NOT Work With Bottom Discrimination|
|ST-01PTB||Plastic Transom Clip-On Speed and Temp Sensor (6-Pin) with Bracket||*||*||*|
|ST-02MSB||Bronze Thru-Hull Speed and Temp Sensor (6-Pin)||*||*||*|
|520-IHD||Plastic In-Hull Transducer, 600W (10-Pin)||*||*||*|
|525STID-MSD7||Bronze Thru-Hull Multisensor with 7 Inch Stem, 600W (10-Pin)||*||*||*|
|525T-BSD||Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer with Temp, 600W (10-Pin)||*||*||*|
|525TID-BHD||Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer with Temp and High-Speed Fairing Block, 1 kW (10-Pin)||*||*|
|525TID-TMD||Transom Mount Transducer with Temp, 1kW (10-Pin)||*||*|
|525T-LTD/12||Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer with Temp, 600W (10-Pin), 12° Tilted Element||*||*||*|
|525T-LTD/20||Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer with Temp, 600W (10-Pin), 20° Tilted Element||*||*||*|
|525T-PPD||Plastic Puck Transducer with Temp, for Trolling Motors, 600W (10-Pin)||*||*||*|
|526TID-HDD||Bronze Broadband Thru-Hull Transducer with Temp, Built-in Diplexer and Hi-Speed Fairing Block, 1kW (10-Pin)||*||*|
|AIRB1641210F||Bronze Thru-Hull, Low Profile Transducer with Temp, 1kW (10-Pin), 12° Tilted Element||*||*|
|AIRB1642010F||Bronze Thru-Hull, Low Profile Transducer with Temp, 1kW (10-Pin), 20° Tilted Element||*||*|
|527ID-IHD||Urethane In-Hull Transducer, 1kW (10-pin), Broadband||*||*|
|556TID-HDD||Stainless Steel Thru-Hull Transducer with Temp and Fairing Block, 1 kW (10-Pin)||*||*|
|CA200B-5||Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer, Type 200B-5, 1kW (No Plug)||*||*|
|CA200B-5S||Rubber Coated Transducer, Type 200B-5S, 1kW (No Plug)||*||*|
|CA50B-6B||Rubber Coated Transducer, Type 50B-6B, 1kW, 15m Cable (No Plug)||*||*|
|CA50B-6G||Rubber Coated Transducer, Type 50B-6G, 1kW (No Plug)||*||*|