ACR 2831 Globalfix V4 Category 2 EPIRBModel: 2831
- Highly visible LED strobe - Energy efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS — Faster acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics — Performance you can count on
- User replaceable battery — 7 year battery life
- Professional grade design - Engineered, tested and built for years of abusive marine use
- Simple manual activation — Keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarms
- Uses Search and Rescue Satellites — No subscription fees
The GlobalFix™ V4 EPIRB is a marine distress beacon with multiple built-in redundancies to increase your chances of survival in an emergency situation. The internal GPS will pin-point your location, which is transmitted on the 406 MHz distress signal which in the absence of GPS coordinates, can be used to triangulate your position. The beacons 121.5 MHz homing signal will bring local search and rescue forces directly to your position and the EPIRBs LED strobe light will allow them to visually locate your position in low light environments.
The GlobalFix V4 has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacons transmission, power and battery performance, as well as GPS acquisition. Pair these tests up with ACR’s 406Link.com optional testing portal and receive satellite confirmation messages directly to your cellphone or email.
The all new user replaceable battery pack has a 7 year replacement interval reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze. Should you ever use the beacon in a life threatening situation, ACR will replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story to ACR’s SurvivorClub.com program and return your used beacon for a free replacement.Specifications
|Applications||Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational, Commercial Marine|
|Material||High Impact UV resistant polymer|
|Battery||7 Year User Replaceable (P/N 1104)|
|Transmit time||Minimum 48 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C)|
|Waterproof||33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard|